Saturday, August 7, 2010

the one where I think I'm all funny and stuff, but really I just typo the bejeesus out of some thoughs of mine

You know what words are fun? the funny ones. Yeah, great job on that one, I know. But really,

hornswoggle: terrible thing, lying, cheating someone. the word, as it rolls off the tongue is funny. woggle within a word is a winner, it stands alone

bo-peep: not really a word I guess, but rather a character name from one Pixar's most famous movies. No I will not tell you. great because it has little pops and soft bumps throughout it. Not unlike infant language attempts, which are cute and funny.

shat: gross, I know. And totally non-sequitur, but funny, cause it's past tense slang. Slang is funny because, well, it's SLANG it was created out of necessity in the midst of fun. (N/M I shouldn't have defended that, if you're arguing against me in your head whether or not slang as a whole is funny, you're an idiot, and you should leave, because there is nothing here for you) Taking it one step further and PAST-TENSERIZING IT is like going one dream-level deeper into the fun. And, shat has the added bonus of harboring a common sounding word, "at" within it, doesn't mean much, just an observation.

cankles: here is an instance where it is not the word itself that is funny, but the image the word evokes within your mind. charadeslookslike...knees calves feet, in that order, all the way down. It's unfortunate, yes, but all part of the fun. I mean where would the Olympic sport of people-watching be if not for cankled women attempting high heels. HEYOO. cankles are FUNNY...if YOU are not the one lugging them around. (HAHA I just felt karma's missile system target-lock on my head) I have a feeling that I would not find them as funny if they were the crux of my own personal complex.

rooter (something that routs): charadessoundslikerooster. Is NOT rooster, cause those things are smelly and annoying. Is not Rooter, like a FOOTBALL FAN, cause those things are also smelly and annoying. Rooter, base word, rout. cause things that "rout" are funny. Like dirt dogs goin all catnip status at a hole in the ground. Like small hamsters flinging cedar chips into the sidewall of their cage trying to get as deep as possible to sleep. The word, it's inevitable mispronunciations AND to actually rout are all three funny. soo. total winner there in my book

Ha. good times with words.
I didn't even feel like saying anything of importance tonight.
Kitty out

No comments:

Post a Comment