Friday, January 22, 2010

frustration

Of all of the things
I think and I am;
All of the things that
I knew to be true.
Why is it that here,
Now, in the present,
That mistakes and faults
Seem to accrue?

But my minds not there.
Grasping and flailing
But finding thin air.
My work and my life
Seem to melt and rest.
Why did I settle?
Why can’t I stop?

Science can’t fail me
Yet how has it not?
I’ve fought the hard battle
Worked through all the thoughts.
I was born to sift
And conclude the facts.
But I’m never the one,
anyone, to this test.

Cause I’m sick and frail
Deep inside my mind.
I’ve pushed off alone,
Left others behind.
Fought hard with my heart.
But it never wins;
It leaves me whining
With a look of chagrin.

This is not a feat
It is no Everest.
But the climb, for me…
Just short of epic.
Each day a step, just
a step up the mount.
This test, that day,

No comments:

Post a Comment