Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Life and Times of Clawed


Everyone say hello to Clawed. He's about 15 minutes old here, and I'm sure there is no place he'd rather be than back on his stump some 200 meters downhill in the field.

This post is more or less an update on the lovelyness that is Clawed. A small biography on the thing that is now our personal air freshener/ ornament holder.  I first wrote about Clawed here. That post was more about the boy than the tree, but it was his first appearance nonetheless. I digest; you may have noticed something rather odd about the name that we chose to bestow upon our Christmas tree (Well, more likely, you're wondering why we thought we had to name it in the first place. For this, I have no answer, it just seemed like a cute idea at the time) However, I do have an explanation for the spelling. That is my doing, and I'd like to take a paragraph to  brag about it.

The question of what we should name it was posed, and I, of course, offered up many a great name, but was ousted, as usual, by the bubbly dictatorship that is my roommate. From the second the four of us began pulling odd names from our memory banks, mine were doomed to fail. And so it seemed that only three people were in the running for the best name for our dear tree. New boy hit the ringer first with a name that Roomie liked, thus, Claude it was. Little did they know that "Claude" it actually wasn't. In my head I mentally booted up how exactly I was going to have a say in this ordeal, and I came up with an annoyingly correct misspelling. I figured that since I was the only one of us that was ever going to write anything about Clawed, and everyone else would be merely pronouncing it, I had regained the upper hand.  Paragraph END.

Clawed had a rather rough trip back home. In the rain.

And once he was on the porch, becoming UN-soaking wet, he was met with yet another hacksaw because we had neglected to have the forsight to fall in love with a SHORT tree. Poor thing.

So yeah. Clawed is happy in our living room. He stands cosily between the TV and the wall, with a small sliver of window to peek through during the day. He is fed daily by New boy who's taken a liking to.. well.. all of our well-beings.

Worst picture ever, best FIRST tree ever. Woo. Go Clawed.


No comments:

Post a Comment